Ditch Witch HX50
- Additional information
Rent a vacuum excavator from Rent1 at the guaranteed lowest rates. Our Ditch Witch HX50 provides superior performance for all your small-to-mid sized slot trenching and potholing projects. This vacuum excavator trailer is an industry leader for construction debris cleanup and HDD fluid cleanup. A Tier-4 compliant, 49-hp Kubota diesel engine meets emissions standards and helps save fuel during operation. Operators also gain a 20% increase in fuel capacity over previous models to minimize refueling downtime. The HX 50 vacuum excavator from Ditch Witch comes equipped with a 500-GAL (1,893-L) or 800-GAL (3028-L) debris tank to help with any size soft excavation or non-destructive digging project. 3000psi water pressure makes efficient work of all hydro excavation including slot trenching and potholing.
Save money on transportation when you hire an operator from Rent1 to help you with your non-destructive digging and excavation projects. The Ditch Witch HX50 Vacuum Excavator comes with a 500-GAL spoils tank and a 200-GAL water tank and has a base trailer GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) of 17,000 lbs (7,711kg). Operators enjoy clear visibility of their worksite with a low-profile design; the dimensions of the base HX50 model are 87.9” (2.23m) in height, 96” (2.44m) in width, and 232.1” (5.9m) in length. If you require larger tanks on this vacuum excavator, ask about our 800-GAL spoils and 400-GAL water tank options. Size and weight of the hydrovac trailer increase as tank capacities increase.
- EPA Tier-4, 49-horsepower liquid-cooled diesel engine has a rated
speed of 2,700rpm providing up to 3,000psi to the water system.
- Water hose reel (locking) is 50ft (15.2m).
- The HX50 model is built for powerful suction with an efficient 1,005-cfm (28.5-m3/min) blower.
- Ditch Witch 3-stage cyclonic filtration system helps with HDD fluid or debris cleanup, in addition to slot trenching and potholing work.
- Reverse-flow feature on the HX50 makes it easy to offload spoil.
- Multiple capacity options are available on this machine, either 500 or 800-GAL spoil tanks and 200 or 400-GAL water tanks.
- Tank outlet valve size is 6” (152mm).
- Widen the range of motion with an optional jib boom or power boom offering 330-degrees of rotation with self-locking gear.
- Suction hose is 4” (102mm), washable poly filter area is 73ft2 (6.8m2).
- Hydraulic system flow rate of 5.5 gpm; 10-GAL reservoir size.
- Work lights help operators light up dark workspaces or complete projects at night.
- Easy maintenance during use, all components accessible via panels.
- Sound power, 103 dBA. Sound pressure, 84dBA — good for residential sites.
- 45-degree tilt angle helps achieve better positioning when potholing or slot trenching
- Gross vehicle weight rating, 17,000lbs. (7,711kg)
- Vacuum excavation equipment & trailers can be brought to your worksite on short notice, ask us about heavy equipment operators available to hire.
Ditch Witch HX50
Water Tank Capacity (standard)
200GAL (400GAL available)
Spoil Tank Capacity (standard)
500GAL (800GAL available)
Weight (GVWR, standard)
Overall Width (standard)
Overall Height (standard)
Water Hose Reel
What can you do with a
Ditch Witch HX50 Vacuum Excavator System rental?
- HDD fluid cleanup
- Residential and commercial construction debris cleanup
- Hydro Vacuum excavation projects
- Slot trenching
- Spoil suction and cleanup
- Non-destructive excavation and landscaping
- Sewage work
- Underground digging and trenching
- Valve-box and utility-vault cleanout work
- Posthole digging
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q. How heavy are the trailers if I get an upgraded water tank or spoil tank capacity?
Trailer GVWR rises with each capacity upgrade:
- 500 GAL SPOILS / 200 GAL Water – 17,000lbs. (7711kg)
- 800 GAL SPOILS / 200 GAL Water – 20,000lbs. (9072kg)
- 800 GAL SPOILS/ 400 GAL Water – 24,000lbs. (10,886kg)
Our equipment specialists can help you decide what capacity and weight is required for your job.
Q. What should I do when I receive my rental?
As soon as your Ditch Witch vacuum excavator rental is delivered, we recommend taking photos of the exterior, hoses, and for your records. Check out our tutorial video on how to take these photos before you start operating your equipment.
Q. How much time until my vacuum excavator rental is delivered?
It depends on where your job site is. In most cases, we can deliver any machine throughout Texas on the same day or next day. If your project site happens to be further into the interior of BC, or on one of the islands near Texas, we can provide you with an estimate for when your heavy equipment rental delivery should arrive.
We provide quick delivery on all skid steer loader rentals, excavator rentals, compact excavator and mini excavator rentals, vacuum excavators, dozer rentals, dump trucks, crawler carrier, compact track loader, and backhoe rentals throughout Texas. See our delivery rates and our daily, weekly, and monthly rental rates for more details.
Don’t know how to operate a hydraulic excavator? Take advantage of our Rent1 safety training program! Learn about the uDig Experience to get proper safety training for operating heavy
construction rental equipment and landscaping rental equipment.
49,950 kg (110,220 lbs.)
21,910 kg (48,303 lbs.)
359 hp (268kW)